Saturday 5 February 2011

More pics of the Cocktail Cabinet

Here's some more pics of the cocktail cabinet as requested by you lovelies. The pics aren't great because as soon as the camera flash went of all the mirrors on the cabinet illuminated everything like a Christmas tree.


I love the swans on a lake scene on the glass sliding doors at the bottom. At the top of the cabinet you can see the original lemon squeezer and metal 'atomic' style olive holders/cocktail stirers.

 Sat inside are two handpainted glasses painted for me by my best friend as a birthday present. There are also 8 Babycham glasses given to me by my Nan and some traditional shape cocktail glasses I picked up at a carboot sale. When I was at uni my housemate and I decided we liked Marks & Spencer's medium dry champagne (all my Nan's fault really for giving us a bottle) and so we took to drinking that before we went out each week, in the Babycham glasses of course!

You can just about see a few glasses here past the camera's flash. There are a set of vintage tall glasses in various colours, a couple of lemonade glasses with bird pictures from a charity shop for £1.50, some 50s shot glasses with gold polka dots £1.50 from a charity shop, cocktail umberellas from the pound shop, vintage plastic cocktail sticks given to me by my mum (each has a different alcohol bottle sat on the top) and some 50s polka dot lemonade glasses in their original carry case with bamboo handle. An old cocktail shaker sits at the back of the cabinet. xxx

25 comments:

  1. I love this cabinet, it is fantastic that it is filled with perfect things as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooohhhhhh that is one seriously gorgeous cabinet the 50's was a beautiful time zone, look at all that amazing detail and the legs just so typical. And Babycham glasses a girl after my own heart I love a babycham but i have to have the cherry to, enjoy ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you've got all the original accessories with it, its so stylish. I always longed for Babycham glasses when I was a child in the seventies, now I have them and it's any excuse to use them! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cabinet filled with amazing things. It must be a joy everytime you open it (and with the mirrors it must look as though you have twice as much!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is actually amazing!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that cabinet! So glamorous - I can just see you in cocktail dress sipping from those glasses x
    Sadly it'll be a few years before I can have anything like that as Baby Bird is just getting mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy thats stunning, what a great collection of glassware you have too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow, is all I can say. This is such a magnificent piece.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Champagne while at university!!! Bloody Hell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the most gorgeous cabinet I've ever seen. It's a stunner. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab! Simply amazing. I love the whole atomic-kitsch vibe to this, and of course the natural link to booze. Two of my favourite things!

    I might have to snap our Victorian Chemist's cabinet (ie our booze and glassware holder) - I love to nose at where people hide their likker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally fabulous, you wouldn't believe how jealous I am!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cabinet is absolutely beautiful! It's amazing what wonderful kitchenalia/ glassware you can find in charity shops isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh La La To the cabinet, Tres Chic! I notice you say you've just started collecting vintage Woman's illustrated magazines. Have you heard of Modes Travaux, gorgeous french fashion magazines? If you check out Ebay (.Co.UK and .Co.Fr) there are many copies available, even going back to the 40s. They are in French but the illustrations are fantastic and incredibly chic! And if your French isn't all that (like me) you can use a free online translation site. Do check it out, I'm sure they would be your cup of tea! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cocktail cabinet is so stylish and I don't blame you for developing a taste for champagne...I love the stuff!! Your house looks lovely by the way (from your previous post). Can you email me your address as I've got a little something to send you. My email is hestanesta@hotmail.co.uk
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi That is one cool cabinet.
    And thank you for your comment. My move is still going on and on lol,hope to be done by end of the week.
    Love your blog-very nice
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, that's so gorgeous!

    It looks fab with all the glasses too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy, check this jumper out!

    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2224380&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208654&parent_categoryId=208600&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20

    ReplyDelete
  20. or this!

    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2224400&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208654&parent_categoryId=208600&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=200

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh that's a rather special cabinet, I've just started to collect vintage barware as well, but sadly I don't have anywhere to display it properly yet. I just got some fab 50s cocktail glasses for 50p each from a car boot sale, and I love them.

    I found your blog via Florence and Mary (well done on your award) and then realised I follow your mum as well!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your comments even if I don't always get chance to reply to them all x