As part of the Stylish Blogger Award I need to tell you seven things about myself, and then pass this onto some fellow bloggers. However, I can't pick my favourite Stylish Blogs out of the many fab ones I read, and I also know that many of you have already received this award so I'm passing it onto everyone who would like to receive it. I’ve been trying to think of seven things about me and I have to admit it’s been a struggle, because I think I’ve probably already told you lots about me through my blog and other Stylish Blogger Awards (Best try not to get too big headed eh). Anyway, here goes;
1) I love cherry blossom trees and at the moment they’re in bloom all over the place sprinkling the roads with pretty confetti like leaves. I have a small cherry blossom tree in my garden that was a moving in present, but I don’t think it’s going to bloom this year as it’s still quite new.
2) I’m extremely British about queues and was taught by my Mum, Nan and Aunt to tell people off if they try to queue jump, even if they are older then me. It’s amazing how many people do try to queue jump…’the queue’s back there, you’re no different to the rest of us’ grrrr. I’m again very Britishly horrified when I go abroad and people don’t queue??? A queue makes perfect and reasonable sense to me. My friends and I, along with some other disgruntled Brits, once abandoned Burger King at a Spanish/Ibiza (can’t remember which) airport because not only did the staff not understand the concept of ‘fast food’ (they were all stood about talking when there were over 20 people top serve) but no one was queuing, it was a total free for all and nearly sent me into a panic attack!
3) I love sunshine but don’t particularly like heat…yes I know that’s a total contradiction in itself. It might be the fact that I come out in horrid prickly heat in hot weather, but I’m never sure whether to blame this on the sun, or the heat, or both. If I go away to a hot country I have to take antihistamines for three days before I go and then every day while I’m there. I should really just holiday in Iceland or something, but I remain determined to get a tan. The antihistamines make me really sleepy, even the non drowsy ones, so sleeping in the sun and doing not much else is my kinda holiday.
4) I’d love to be able to draw. I’d say I’m relatively creative, but I really struggle to put my ideas into action and honestly can’t draw anything but stick men. It’s a bit embarrassing looking back at my school tea towel printed with everyone’s drawing of themselves. All the girl’s drawings were generally really good, but mine was on par with the less skilled male drawers. My Mum and Nan still laugh at it. Apparently I can blame it on my dyspraxia though.
5) I wear lots of black, not just because it’s slimming, but because I just really like it. The little girls in my close asked ‘did you get a black dog because you wear lots of black?’. This probably should have been a wake up call to start wandering about in garish colours.
6) I used to collect elephants and had hundreds of them. Not real ones obviously, just anything decorative that was an elephant or had and elephant on it. I sodl them all at a carboot sale years ago and they’re obviously very popular to collect as people bought them by the box load. I have kept a few favourite ones and also some that although not my favourite, I kind of feel sorry for. Strange I know. It’s the same reason that my mum has a circle of Cabbage Patch dolls sitting in a spooky circle in her loft. When she sees one in a charity shop she thinks they look lonely and need to live with other Cabbage Patch Kids.
|I found this pic on google images but have one exactly the same. It's a string dispenser.|